Move the links (View all issues, Summary, Import) from the Issues section of the issues list sidebar under a dropdown
|Assignee:||Jean-Philippe Lang||% Done:|
In my opinion, moving the links under the dropdown will make the respective actions more obvious for the users and it will cleanup the sidebar.
Also, with this occasion, I think that we can drop the "View all issues" link because it doesn't add to much value (I've never used it and every time I'm asking if there is any difference between the link and the "Clear" button).
Any feedback is welcomed.
Move the links from the sidebar under actions dropdown (#30294).
Patch by Marius BALTEANU.
#2 Updated by Marius BALTEANU 6 months ago
- File 0001-Move-the-links-from-the-Issues-section-of-the-issues.patch added
- File 0002-Remove-View-all-issues-link-from-actions-dropdown.patch added
Attached the patches.
#7 Updated by Marius BALTEANU 6 days ago
- File fix_actions_dropdown.patch added
Bernhard Rohloff wrote:
I've tested the latest trunk version (r18308) right now and the dropdown menu is missing. Presumably there went something wrong with the "settings" patch.
Indeed, the patch didn't apply as expected, I've attached the fix. Thanks for catching this issue.
Should we show the Setting icon always after "New issue" link or we should move it under the dropdown? I'm wondering because accessing the project setting is not a daily action.
#9 Updated by Go MAEDA about 4 hours ago
Members in my team miss the menus in the sidebar, especially "View all issues". I hope this change to be reverted.
- "View all issues" was convenient and consistent to reset filters applied by custom queries. You can apply queries in the sidebar but have to move the mouse cursor to the far "Reset" link when you want to stop filtering by the query. I think it is inconsistent UI
- "Import" and "Summary" is hidden in the drop-down menu and hard to find