Permissions for roles to change fields per tracker/status
Added by Robert Gonzalez almost 14 years ago.
Updated over 10 years ago.
Permissions and roles
It would be nice to have (possibly in the same page as the workflow administration) a toggle for a role for a tracker so that updating a field is allowed or disallowed. I.e. since RedMine is already allowing or disallowing the change of the status in the work flow from some previous state to some new state, why not make a simple addition that extends this to any field, but not for every possible state change of those fields, just a simple gating switch of whether or not a change is allowed for that role.
For example, I do not wish developers to be able to move a bug to another version. Right now there is no way to disallow this basically. This should be the function of a manager, who makes the decision together with the stakeholders of whether or not a feature/bug, etc. is moved to a future version.
- File workflow_permissions.png workflow_permissions.png added
- Subject changed from Add on/off permissions for roles to change fields in a tracker to Permissions for roles to change fields per tracker/status
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Assignee set to Jean-Philippe Lang
- Target version set to 2.1.0
- Resolution set to Fixed
Feature added. You can now configure read-only fields per tracker, status and role.
A new tab is added to the workflow settings to configure read-only standard/custom fields. This same form is used to configure required fields as well (#703):
Note that if a user has multiple roles on the same project, only fields that are read-only for all its roles are actually read-only.
I have a question. I want to implement these Feature #3521 in redmine 2.0.1. but it will work ?
This feature will be very useful in my company. I have no time to wait 45 days for new version 2.1.0. On monday I am starting a new project and I need this feature.
#11887 may be a bug related with this feature
- Has duplicate Feature #10394: Implement permission "Assign users to issues". added
- Has duplicate Feature #10950: need help add issue without any selection added
- Has duplicate Feature #10684: hide list of assignees when creating new issue added
- Has duplicate Feature #6036: user permission is changing as the workflow state is changed added
- Has duplicate Feature #6219: More precise "Edit issue" permission added
- Has duplicate Feature #4684: Allow for customizable view permissions when adding an issue added
- Related to Feature #1445: add new permission 'edit issue planning' added
- Related to Feature #13422: "Edit assigned user" permission for issues added
Also available in: Atom