Filtering by subproject still shows current project's issues
Set a filter for Subproject is <subprojectname>. The current parent project's issues will still be shown. Issue seen in trunk.
#1 Updated by Ewan Makepeace about 11 years ago
[This has been previously been flagged as by design in #2512 - but I feel is a mistake. Personally I need to be able to view subproject issues and exclude those not assigned to any subproject. This is currently impossible - moreover the current behavior is extremely counter intuitive since the filter field clearly says you should only be seeing subproject issues, and so this will continue to be reported as a bug I suspect...]
#5 Updated by Gerry Hawkins about 10 years ago
I disagree with the 'this is not a bug, but by design' response.
If you read the from the filter UI: "Show issues where the status is open and the subproject is B", where B is a subproject of A and I am doing this filter in A, I expect to see issues that are open and only in subproject B.
I appreciate the comment that if I want to filter to see just issues in the sub project I should go there, but I feel that the UI as it exists misrepresents what is probably a more common expectation. "is" implies equals. If you changed the all/none/is pull down to be all/none/including/excluding then I would say the UI and workflow would be OK. But still not what I would like. ;-)
#6 Updated by Terence Mill about 10 years ago
In general you sould be able to search and filter all tickets in the current project you are at the moment and its subprojects.
There are 3 search type one would use in this context.
- Search in current project and its siblings
- Search only in current project without its siblings
- Search in a specific subproject (of current project and) its siblings > this excludes all tickets above the subproject till this project going upwards the tree
- Search in a specific subproject (which belongs to current project) without its siblings
1. is possible by default and 3. can be achived by junping to subproject and doing as in 1.
How can 3. and 4. be achieved at the moment?